Find the perfect online platform with our guide to the best wedding website builders.
Planning your dream wedding involves more than just selecting the perfect dress and venue. In today’s digital age, you’ll likely find yourself designing a website, where you can share your love story, collect RSVPs and pass along important wedding details to your guests.
But as you’re running through your endless list of tasks, it helps to have a reliable wedding website builder that can help you design your site exactly the way you want. In this blog, we’ll explore the best wedding website builders on the market today. From builders that specialize in top-tier designs to others that offer matching paper goods, these wedding website builders promise to make your big day even more special.
Learn more about creating your wedding website for free with Wix.
10 best wedding website builders to check out
- The Knot
- Appy Couple
- Riley & Grey
- Say I Do
Best for: Couples who want lots of design flexibility, branding and customization options.
Wix’s website builder is well known for its versatility and ease of use. And while Wix isn’t solely built for wedding sites, the platform includes the essential building blocks for creating a custom wedding site. Choose from a myriad of wedding website templates, RSVP forms, image/video carousels and online invitation templates when designing your site. Access tools for promoting your site once it’s up and running—such as custom emails, live streaming capabilities, a countdown clock and embeddable social media feeds.
And as you’re looking to develop a consistent theme around your wedding, take advantage of Wix’s large library of widgets, drag-and-drop features and customization settings. Wix’s customization capabilities are a key differentiator from your standard wedding website builder. You can enjoy lots of design freedom and the whole Wix ecosystem—entirely for free.
Case in point: Andy and Amanda used Wix to create a site that would be as unforgettable as their wedding. They created a groovy, colorful site—complete with animation and parallax scrolling—that would woo their guests. (Check out more Wix wedding website examples for inspiration.)
You can even create a personal logo for your wedding with the platform’s free logo maker. Pair this with print-on-demand tools that let you print party favors, T-shirts and other memorabilia with your logo on them to create a truly personalized event.
- Designer-made templates: Choose from a wide selection of customizable wedding website templates.
- Tasks and reminders: Create custom tasks, reminders and checklists that can be linked to particular guests.
- Password-protected guest area: Keep your website private and only viewable to guests who’ve received invitations with your website password.
- Wix Owner app: Manage your website, track reminders and communicate with guests on the go with the Wix Owner app.
- Multiple ways to show off your photos: The Wix Pro Gallery gives you multiple options for showcasing your engagement photos, wedding videos and other multimedia with your guests.
- Livestream capabilities: Give out-of-towners a way to attend your wedding from afar.
- Countdown clock: Add a countdown clock to your site to show how many days and minutes until your nuptials.
- Free branding tools: Take advantage of a free logo maker, a free video maker and print-on-demand options to make everything from your wedding site to your decorations extra personal and memorable.
- Multilingual tools: Got guests coming from all over the world? Auto-translate your site for multiple languages.
- AI writing tools: Not sure how to write your wedding story or your message to guests on your site? You can use Wix’s built-in AI writing tools for inspiration.
Pricing: Create a website entirely for free, or purchase a Wix Premium plan for more advanced features.
Ready to say ‘I do’ to a powerful website builder? Sign up for Wix today.
02. The Knot
Best for: Couples who want a comprehensive wedding planning experience and access to a vendor directory.
The Knot offers a plethora of wedding planning tools, including a vendor directory, wedding registry and budgeting tool. Its wedding website builder is another free resource available to couples, complete with more than 100 site designs. From your website, you can manage your guest list, track RSVPs and link your registry (which can include a wishlist involving top brands, cash funds, experiences and donations).
If you’re looking to add a custom domain to your site, you can do so for an annual fee. Beyond tapping into these tools, you can also explore The Knot Shop, which sells wedding decor, party favors and other items you may need for your special day.
- Wedding planning tools: Use The Knot’s free tools for creating your wedding vision, designing your guest list, managing tasks and building your budget.
- Registry service: Create your wedding registry in a way that works for you (including adding top brands, funding requests and charities). You can also sync an external registry to your Knot registry.
- Printing services: Create and order invitations, save-the-dates, announcements and other paper products using The Knot’s customizable templates.
- Vendor directory: Gain access to thousands of local wedding professionals in categories like catering, bridal salons and wedding cakes.
- Wedding planner app: An app for iOS and Android gives users access to all the same features as the website, so you can obsessively plan your wedding no matter where you are.
Pricing: The Knot’s website and planning tools are free to use.
03. Appy Couple
Best for: Couples who want boutique designs and easy access to mobile features.
Appy Couple flaunts a complete wedding suite—that is, a platform where you can manage your digital invites, website and app all in one place. One of Appy Couple’s main selling points is its wedding website templates, some of which are designed in collaboration with brands like Williams-Sonoma that sell print invitations with the same theme. Appy Couple makes it easy to find a theme that’s shared across all of your invitations (including your Save the Dates and Thank You cards) and digital platforms. Appy Couple also offers many interactive elements, like virtual toasts, guestbooks and real-time photo streams. That said, Appy Couple comes at a cost: either $12 a month, or $49 per year.
- Boutique design options: Appy Couple offers more than 500 designs, including special edition designs by designers like Carolina Herrera, to match just about any theme you can come up with.
- Theme switching: Decisions are hard, which is why it’s great that you can change your website theme any time without losing data.
- Content management: Add and update your wedding content with features like photo galleries, RSVP tools, travel details, a gift registry and more.
- Guest list segmentation: Segment your guest list and hide events from certain people (e.g., make sure Crazy Uncle Jeff isn’t crashing your rehearsal dinner).
- International wedding support: Appy Couple is particularly useful for organizing an event where guests are spread across continents, given its multi-language capabilities and travel concierge.
- Wedding gamification: Add fun quizzes and puzzles to your site that entertain your guests even before your big day.
Pricing: Appy Couple charges $49 a year or $12 a month for unlimited access to its features.
Best for: Couples who want to match their wedding theme across all elements of their event (e.g., invitations, website and physical space).
Minted is best known for its designs for wedding invitations, stationery, decor, art and gifts. The site’s popularity rests on its collaboration with hundreds of global independent artists. The result is a diverse choice of unique stationery styles that you likely won’t find on the more mainstream wedding planning websites.
In the same vein, its free wedding website builder features templates that match its available stationary. The builder includes all the core features that you need, such as RSVP management, private pages and guest management tools. You can add a custom domain to your site for a flat $15.
- Diverse template library: Minted offers hundreds of wedding website templates, each crafted by independent designers.
- Matching designs: Every Minted website design can be carried through to your invitations, menus and other wedding materials.
- Multi-event RSVP management: Manage multiple wedding-related events including controlling their visibility to specific guests.
- RSVP and envelope addressing: Manage RSVPs and take advantage of Minted’s complimentary envelope addressing service, available when you order matching save-the-dates and invitations.
- Videos: Share a special video message or your proposal video on your site.
Pricing: Minted’s wedding website builder is available free-of-charge, though a custom URL, invitations and other add-ons will carry their own costs.
Best for: Couples who appreciate a free tool and don’t want to mess around with too many features.
Joy is a comprehensive wedding planning platform with an intuitive user interface that gets straight to the point. The platform makes it simple to create and customize your wedding website and tools like a guest list manager, invitation creation (printed or online), multi-event RSVPS and even an AI-assisted writing tool.
Its RSVP management system allows you to see who has opened your invitations, even if they haven’t replied. And its wedding registry offers zero-fee cash funds, free shipping and post-wedding discounts.
- Customizable websites: Even if you’re not sure how to make a website, Joy’s beginner-friendly builder makes it easy to create a personalized site.
- Smart RSVP tools: Track attendance for multiple events, ask custom questions on your RSVP forms and easily keep track of plus ones with guest grouping features.
- All-in-one registry: Create an “all-in-one” registry by shopping thousands of items across top brands like Le Creuset, Cuisinart, Riedel, YETI, Airbnb and many more. You also have the option to collect cash gifts or start a honeymoon fund.
- Mobile app: Joy’s mobile app means you can manage your wedding from the grocery store or the in-law’s brunch (or wherever you happen to be.)
- Paperless and printed invitations: Joy offers you paperless communication with features like Save-The-Dates, Invites, Change-The-Dates, and Custom Cards The tracking feature lets you know who has received and read your digital communications. You can alternatively purchase printed versions of invitations via Joy’s collaboration with select vendors.
Pricing: Joy is free to use (aside from optional vendor purchases).
Best for: Couples who want to go entirely paperless or use a mix of online and printed materials.
Wedsites was inspired by a maid of honor’s desire to simplify wedding organization after witnessing her friend’s struggle with multiple tools. It now serves as an event website builder, focused entirely on weddings, that offers integrated project management tools.
These tools include features for guest management, budgeting, event planning, RSVPs and vendor management. Websites’ digital planner streamlines your various checklists and tools to help you stay organized. However, it’s worth noting that as of this writing, Websites does not offer a mobile app for managing your event on the fly.
- Design inspiration: Choose from about 35 pre-made templates with matching Save the Date designs. Alternatively, you can create your own template.
- Guest list management: Import guest lists, organize lists, build detailed guest profiles and manage all aspects of your guest list including grouping guests based on how you know them (Bob’s family, work group, etc.).
- Budgeting tools: Estimate expenses based on your max budget and keep track of who needs to be paid and when.
- Mobile-optimized dashboard: While Wedsites doesn’t have a dedicated mobile app, they do have a mobile optimized dashboard, which you can access from your phone or other mobile device.
- Multi-language support: Translate your site or create separate sites for your guests from all over the world.
Pricing: Basic website functionality is available for free. One-time purchases for more advanced features (like a guest list database, unlimited guests and custom RSVP questionnaire forms) start at $99. A 14-day money-back guarantee is available if you want to try the premium features.
Best for: Couples wanting an expansive vendor directory and wedding resources in addition to a website builder.
WeddingWire has long been a go-to resource for couples searching for wedding vendors in their area. Now owned by The Knot, WeddingWire is primarily focused on building out its suite of wedding planning tools.
However, a wedding website builder is offered as part of those tools—with many free templates to choose from. Note that WeddingWire shares some of the same templates as The Knot. If you’re trying to decide between the two, your decision will mainly boil down to the details. You may find that one builder is easier to use than the other, or that one platform offers more of your favorite planning tools than the other.
WeddingWire is essentially a marketplace, so tools like the wedding website builder are add-on features meant to attract couples like you to its vendors.
- Vendor search: WeddingWire’s directory includes more than 250,000 vetted vendors and makes it easy for you to search them by location and other preferences.
- Review forum: The site places an emphasis on vendor reviews so couples can learn from others who have been in their shoes.
- Budget planning: Budget calculator, vendor manager, and checklist apps help you focus on staying within your budget.
- Mobile app: WeddingWire’s mobile app for guests lets your wedding guests access your site from anywhere and upload their own memories (e.g., photos from your event) directly to your site.
Pricing: All wedding management tools, including the website builder, are free.
08. Riley & Grey
Best for: Couples seeking limited-edition designs and/or are planning a cross-cultural or international wedding.
Riley & Grey is a premium wedding website platform that caters to global couples. Riley & Grey websites can be translated for various languages and edited for various cultures. For instance, if you’re planning a traditional Indian wedding, Riley & Grey supports RSVPs for a large assortment of events.
This wedding website builder is also a great option if you crave a higher-end experience. It offers customizable templates and personalized assistance from customer service representatives throughout the website creation process. It focuses on creating bespoke sites that reflect your personal style and event requirements.
- Modern, high-end designs: Riley & Grey templates are designed to be flexible and inclusive, catering to a variety of preferences.
- Cross-cultural features: The platform can accommodate culture-specific requirements and non-English websites.
- Stationery: Includes luxury digital and paper invitations, RSVP cards, ceremony programs and reception menus.
- Wedding management features: Opt for special features, like a custom domain name, address collection, a personalized RSVP system and white-glove customer service.
- Mobile app: Every Grey & Riley site has its own mobile version, which guests can access without downloading an app.
Pricing: Riley & Grey offers two pricing options—you can pay $35 per month and only pay for as long as you need your site to remain up. Or, you can save by paying for a full year up front at $240.
Best for: Couples who want a robust wedding planning solution and registry options.
Zola’s wedding website builder is just one of its many user-friendly wedding tools. Its website templates are designed to match paper goods, like your invitations, Save the Dates and place cards. Zola sites can additionally be accessed via QR codes, in addition to a standard URL.
With Zola’s complete suite of wedding planning tools, you can manage your guest list, create a registry featuring global brands and find venues and vendors. One big perk is that you can integrate your registry directly into your site, allowing guests to shop your wishlist from multiple stores without having to click away to multiple sites.
- Seasonal and style-based designs: Zola offers more than 200 site templates for creating different types of websites, complete with matching invitations.
- One-stop-shop registry: Create your gift registry (including zero-fee cash funds) and include items from multiple stores that can be viewed from one link.
- Wedding planner: Zola offers comprehensive wedding planning services encompassing vendor recommendations, stationery and budgeting.
- Free guest addressing: Have Zola address your envelopes for free.
- Group messaging: Send instant messages to your guests to update them on any changes to your wedding schedule.
Pricing: Zola’s website builder and associated features are free, but you’ll need to pay for a custom domain. You’ll also need to pay for items like invitations and save the date cards.
10. Say I Do
Best for: Couples seeking a basic site and more advanced guest management tools.
Say I Do places a special emphasis on guest management—a job that few couples expect to be as difficult as it winds up being. It offers advanced digital RSVP forms, through which you can ask guests a variety of questions that are essential for your planning. Guests can input their contact details directly into your site, and you can manage your guest list from one, intuitive dashboard.
Say I Do doesn’t offer nearly as many website templates as the other builders mentioned above. However, their templates are simple, elegant and to-the-point.
- Guest list manager: This feature simplifies guest list management, from sending invitations to tracking RSVPs.
- One-link contact detail collection: Ask guests to fill out their content information form one beautifully themed form.
- Personalized planning checklist: Enter your wedding date and automatically receive a wedding checklist based on your timeline and preferences.
- Conditional and custom RSVP questions: Set up custom questions for your guests to respond to, and only show certain questions to certain guests.
Pricing: Say I Do offers a basic plan for free that lets you add up to 85 guests and comes with a few basic features, like a free custom wedding website. Tiered pricing plans start at $50 (one-time purchase) and give you access to a password protected site and other advanced tools.